|“||Yep, you're a witch.||”|
Season 1, Episode 1
January 1, 2014
Arturo Maniutt & Leonardo Galavis
Emma Alonso, a new girl in Miami, Florida, meets new students, and soon strange things start to happen to her after learning she's a witch. Andi, a tomboy, is Emma's new best friend. Her crush, Daniel, is the captain of The Sharks and Maddie's ex-boyfriend. Emma and Maddie soon become enemies when Maddie wants to get back together with Daniel after he dumps her. Daniel and Emma start to have feelings for each other.
- Paola Andino as Emma Alonso
- Paris Smith as Maddie Van Pelt
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Nick Merico as Daniel Miller
- Autumn Wendel as Sophie Johnson
- Denisea Wilson as Katie Rice
- Tyler Alvarez as Diego Rueda
- Kendall Sanders as Tony Myers
- Mavrick Moreno as Mac Davis
- Zoey Burger as Gigi Rueda
- This is the first episode of Every Witch Way.
- This is when Emma meets Andi, her new best friend.
- This reveals that Emma is a witch.
- This reveals that Emma mother's death occurred while Emma was young.
- Strange things start happening to Emma.
- Emma meets her crush Daniel for the first time in this episode.
- The teams, The Panthers and Sharks are introduced in this episode.
- Maddie finds out she's a witch along with Emma.
- Maddie turns Katie's hair blue.
- Daniel and Maddie breakup for good.
- Daniel asks Maddie to babysit his siblings.
- Ursula, Coach Julio, Fransisco, T3, Gigi, Rick, Christine and Sebastian all make a recurring appearance.
- This episode started Nickelodeon's "One Month Event" as this season aired all of January.
|Andi: Hey! Nice toolbox! I have a high impact fully-gasketed jx150 myself.|
|Emma: Oh, it's not for tools, it's for my glitter.|
|Andi: Glitter? (Emma opens it and shows Andi) Uh, my eyes!|
|Emma: C'mon, don't you scrapbook? (pulls out glitter glue) I used this to paint my shoes!|
|Andi: How about we rewind? Hi, I'm Andi. I live down the street.|
|Emma (shaking her hand): Hi, I'm Emma. Nice to meet you.|
|Andi (sees her struggling): Need a little help?|
|Emma: Yea sure, grab a box. (Andi drops a box and everything falls out)|
|Andi: Well, look at that? You got half a library in here! (Emma picks up the Hexoren for the first time, and it glows)|
|Emma: Whoa, what?|
|Andi: What's the matter?|
|Emma: Nothing, it's just, looks like this book is glowing or something.|
|Andi: Oh! (picking it up)|
|Emma: I think it was my mom's.|
|Daniel: I hate math. And the new teacher looks like a total snooze!|
|Emma: That would be my dad. (sighs)|
|Daniel (realizing his mistake): A snooze, that's a slang. You know, fun, cool, sick?|
|Emma: That's okay. I'll make sure to make fun of your mom when I meet her. I mean, not that I'd meet her because you-I mean just like hypothetically if I ran into her on the street or something. And she'd be like "I'm Daniel's mom!" and I'd be like, "Oh, really? Cool! You're sick!" I mean sick in a cool way (laughs) Okay, can we rewind back to-well, back to even before we met because I've been embarrassing myself since then?|
|Daniel: Don't worry. It's cute. Awkward, but cute.|
|Ursula: Maddie, calm down! (Maddie calms down. The storm stops). And so it begins. Finally.|
|Maddie: Mom! What was that?|
|Ursula: (Looking confused) Ah, must be some kind of El-Nino? Uh, El-Nino's brother-in-law. El Cunado?|
|Maddie: Well, he owes me a new pair of shoes.|
|Ursula: How many shoes can a 14-year-old possibly need?|
|Sophie: 399 pairs! One for every day of the year.|
|Andi (after seeing the brush appear in Emma's hand): Okay, if something else moves, I swear I'm going home.|
|Emma: It's okay! Just, think happy thoughts!|
|Andi (closing her eyes and thinking): Okay. Uh, great white sharks, zombies, hockey games, my toolbox, more zombies-|
|Emma (irritated): Those are not happy thoughts! Think, glitter, balloons, sweet tarts, rainbows, puppies, and pink hearts!|
|Andi (sarcastically): Cute, even did a little rhyme there. (they both heard her closet move) Uh, what was that?|
|Emma: (after the closet opens and balloons, hearts, etc. pop out. They scream) What was that?!|
|Andi: I'm not sure, but my great-grandmother used to tell me these stories about...|
|Emma: About what?|
|Andi (whispering): Witches.|
|Emma (laughing): Witches, and you believe her?|
|Andi: Do you have a better explanation for any of this?|
|Emma: Yes. There's a *motions to something* and it, uh *motions with hands* and then, that makes, voila.|
|Andi: Oh yeah, that makes way more sense than what I said! Look, you wished for all those hearts, and they appeared, exactly how grammy grams described.|
|Emma (not convinced): C'mon you really think I'm a-|
|Andi (interrupting her): Yep; you're a witch.|
The image gallery for Discovery may be viewed here.